3.04.2009

MEMORIO AL CHINO


I'm making this trip because I promised I'd revisist CHALTEN! in estilo bueno... movando alla sobre el hielo con papalote... el barco quedando en los fiordos ... arrivando pobre a un empiezo nuevo.

I made that promise to my friend El Chino, the wisest human being I've yet to encounter.

Chino died three days ago. He froze to death attempting FITZ ROY. Friends carried him down and out and got him to the faraway El Calafate hospital (THANK YOU!) but the cold stayed with him and he couldn't pull through.

He was 23.

The kid spoke snippets of a dozen languages... made Noruegas blush in Norwegian... blew my mind with clarity in English.

Everything he said and did screamed of purity.

Mudo, Chino's closest companion, described him best:

ILUMINADO.

He was planning on biking to Alaska. Me, sailing to Patagonia.

We meant to meet in the middle.

Che Chino, mi hermano hermoso... gracias.


QUEDATE TRANQ!