10.09.2008

I Had An Awesome Time!


Today dawned too windy to leave Crescent City so we made the best of it. And it was good.

Exploring the coast, I realized that all the little granite mounds around here are like super clean little summits... great for scrambling.


I felt like I was in the Tetons as I explored neo-classic 5.4s like Sketchy Underpants Couloir.


Then I saw a sailboat that makes mine look really nice.

That blob behind it is a lazy sea lion.

Here's some more sea lions.

I'd call them the most 'merican of all sea critters.

Then I had the best biscuits and gravy ever at the CHARTROOM.


The strange ambiance left nothing to be desired. The mirror door propped across from the table warns:

WATCH YOUR STEP

above:

LIVE WELL * LAUGH OFTEN * LOVE MUCH

Being windy, naturally we went kiting and had a great high-wind, mellow-wave session on Crescent City South Beach. Highly recommended with NW wind and swell.

At 5am tomorrow we're setting sail for here:

TRINIDAD BAY

With luck we'll be there by noon or one, before it gets real windy.

Then we're hoping to hitch a ride N on 101 to Big Lagoon.


3.5 miles of waves and flatwater with a spit of sand between them. It's forecasted to blow side on, 22-24 with NW swell. The mountainous backdrop looks nice too.

Giddy up.

Thanks, Google Earth. Your omniscience is scary, but awesome.