1.27.2009

Livin' Small

Hey All,

I just got back from a week of sailing in the Sea of Cortez. If we didn't run out of gas and food, I don't think I'd have ever come back.

The wind never nuked so we didn't kite. The highlight of the trip was swimming with sea lions and having them follow the dink back to our anchorage... where they played in the bioluminescent water all night long.

It was only annoying from midnight until sunrise. Every time they surface they breathe... loud.

If part of the trip was being broke, I'm succeeding. Never been this broke before... never this excited.

About what? Sailing to and kiting the Gulf of Tehuantepec. It averages force 6 there year round. In summary...

Mountains funnel wind from Gulf of Mexico...

Through here... flatwater lagoon... and waves outside... blowing off to side off

Creating this...

Yep. I'm already there in my mind. Collect a few debts. Teach some lessons. Visit MN in late Feb. And then I'm FINALLY back underway.

Take care.

MAX