9.22.2009

Signing Off...


Hey All,

Exactly a year ago today I set sail out of Hood River, Oregon aboard the Sin Fin. If you want a summary of the trip, read this blog from back to front.

For the last few weeks "the trip without end" has seemed over. I'm pounding down the lid on this box of bones.

Patagonian fjordland was the plan but it'll have to wait. If I want to leave, El Nino could make at least Chile attainable in a couple months.

At this point, continuing onward would be the cowardly thing to do. And, I should probably make some money.

Opportunity knocks and I'm powerless but not to answer.

If the previous sentence comes off senseless, it's because I'm in love.

New dreams abrew.

I've fallen in with Dale Dagger and his crew. I'm tending a bar. I'm chartering ol' Sinful. I'm starting a surf camp that ski bums can afford.

If anyone wants an all inclusive Nicaraguan surf vacation hit me up... no crowds... no tourists... friendly locals... offshore winds everyday.... world class waves... cheap everything... great times.

I'll post some pics of the "surf camp" in a day or two. Flights would be into Managua.

Here's one for the fridge, Mom.


I love y'all. Thanks for all your support.

Just getting started...

Max