5.29.2010

Boomin' Granny


I just caught shit from a wealthy-looking older lady at the grocery store because I asked the Checkout for a plastic bag.  Actual conversation follows here...

HER: You REALLY shouldn't use plastic bags... for the planet's sake.
ME:  Do you buy garbage bags?
HER: Uhhh.. YEAH?!  Yes, I do.
ME:  Well, I get em' for free. (showcasing plastic bag full of groceries)
HER: (Puzzled stare)
ME: Garbage bags are plastic too, ya'know... and they come in a frivolous paper box.
HER: Well, I use the eco-friendly, bio-degradable trashbags.
ME: What?! (pointing at all her typical, overpackaged rich old lady items) You throw out eco-friendly, biodegradable trash?!
HER: You just don't get it, see....
ME: Bitch, I live in a van.  Roll back to the mansion and shit on your hubby.
HER: (To Clerk) I NEED TO SPEAK TO YOUR MANAGER.

Be the Change.  A healthy disrespect of most of your elders is a good first step.

Do not, however, diss the Boomin' Grannies...