10.01.2010

Glenn Beck Is A Crook. GOLDLINE.COM Is A Scam.

In the aftermath of the Foster Friess Fiasco, someone signed me up for several online mailing lists.  Two of the more humorous ones are Gay365.com and GlennBeck.com.  Thus, I'm simultaneously getting the hottest gay news and the most slanted ultra-conservative nonsense daily.  Fine by me... I learn a lot by analyzing these widely divergent viewpoints.

Well, old Glenn has got sponsors up the wazoo, and he's always promoting a particular brand of safe or handgun or food supply or what have you.  One company he publicly praises regularly is GOLDLINE.COM, which is actually a big scheme to fleece ignorant investors out of their savings.

Basically, Goldline.com capitalizes on people's fear of inflation by selling gold as a "safe investment" in troubled economic times.  There are many companies doing this.  Personally, I've used APMEX.com with great results.  I put a good chunk of my meager savings into tangible precious metals a few months ago.  So far, so good.

I'm particularly fond of these coins.  I find the imagery powerful and inspiring.  Also, as of today, they're worth a whopping $1,320 a pop.... scratch that, $1,338.


Goldline.com is drastically different from other companies because it sells coins with small gold content at the price of pure gold coins.  They'll sell a coin that is 40% gold with misleading advertising that makes people think they're getting a 90-100% gold coin.  For example, they sell a $240 coin for $402... making $162 in PURE PROFIT off of every coin.  I'm sure a nice cut of that finds it's way into Glenn's pockets.

Glenn, you really shouldn't be messing with the crazy people's money like that.  It'll come back to bite you in the ass... or shoot you in the head.