11.26.2009

THANKSGIVING

I don't know these kids but clearly their father is a solid dude.

Only a GOOD DAD would make up a video like this.

Beastie Boys, Gratitude 



It's Thanksgiving and I've a lot to be grateful for.

 I've got a little money and more on the way.  If I play my cards right I won't be waiting tables or washing dishes this winter.

Then again, maybe I will.  Service work is a good reminder.  And every dollar is going towards my next adventure.... maybe a big boat... maybe a very small boat.  You know the saying:




There's nothing . . .
absolutely nothing . . .
half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.

-Wind in the Willows

Manana I'm sailing four Swedes and two Canadians from San Juan to Playa Gigante.  I'll also have another Canadian kiting alongside the boat for the 12 mile DOWNWINDER from there to here.

And I've got another two kiters coming to town tomorrow.

I might have to revive the old logo from Baja for the next two weeks.  Thanks again, Modena!



Speaking of which, I'm thankful that business fell apart and that I get to cruise like this...



...cuz this shit just isn't my style...



Thanks is due to the kiters in and around La Ventana, Baja for all their support. 

I've got good friends from JXN visiting me right now, AND they're able to help me bring most of my climbing and kiting gear back to the J Hole.  Thanks Leif and Nichole!

With their help I should be able to fly Maestra home.  If she takes to the cold she'll be one hell of a ski buddy.  Thanks, Maestra!

My parents got me the plane ticket home and they'll be putting me up for my first week back Stateside.  They've even offered to let me live at their cabin in Wisconsin all winter, a great offer I have to decline.
  Thanks for all this, Mom and Dad, and thanks again for your infinite capacity to give me the benefit of the doubt.

I've got an offer on the table to buy the Sin Fin and I'll probably take it.  It'll be great to no longer be married to the boat.  Thanks John Wyss!

The new owner will need a captain and, lo and behold, who's right here?  Me.

I will graciously decline the job offer because though I'm grateful to be a member of the Playa Gigante community, I could use a little surf vacation... followed by a little ski vacation... followed by...

Thanks Dale.

Thanks Kass.

Thanks to all the folks who came into my life in the last 15 months and shared one hell of a trip with me.  You know who you are.

Thanks to all the folks who've offered their couches when I get back to JXN.  See you soon.

You know what yer supposed to reply when someone tells you GRACIAS?

DE NADA.

Of Nothing.

 DE NADA A NADA.

Of Nothing to Nothing.

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust."

So hey God, Thanks for LIFE,..
...it's better than NOTHING.

Trust yourself on this one.

Which brings us to our lyric of the day.





Thanks for reading.

Take it Easy.

Your Friend,

Max