11.19.2009

Short Tribute to the Aussie Boys



I had the pleasure of hanging out with five 18-20 year old Aussie Gents off and on over the last two months.  We met in Tamarindo, CR where the crowds are ridiculous.

I told them about a little place called Gigante with perfect waves and minimal crowds.  We sailed up together and they stayed for two weeks, chartering the boat daily and teaching me how to surf.

They were uniformly good natured and considerate guys who got me wondering why, at 28, I'm oftener than not a grumpy mess.

After spending a month in Puerto Escondido, Mexico they returned to Gigante for another two weeks.  I guess they must have liked it.  The more time I spend in Gigante the more I like it.

James, Seamus, Jimbo, Noah, and Mads, you are all missed by the crew in Gigante.  See you down under when I make it that way.

When one crew leaves another seems to materialize instantly.  Today I've got two Norcal rippers, a DJ from Vail, and two old friends from Jackson Hole on the boat.  We're heading from San Juan Del Sur to Gigante.  En route we're stopping here...



It'll probably be a little smaller today.  Less committing but not so intimidating and a lot more fun.


Anyway, I offer in tribute to my best clients ever, a song.

Ladies and Gents, the Goons of Doom.

I guess we can call the extended outro the lyric of the day.  The song is pretty fucking immature until that point...

...but aren't we all?



Hasta Luego,

Max