3.27.2009

PAPAGALLO OR BUST










Hey All,

Tehuantepec fell through... there's nowhere to leave a boat there... I guess I should have driven.

Serious kiting potential there, however. I will be back.

Fortunately, it didn't blow the three days I was there... the boat would have gotten thrashed.

Three additional days and $90 in bullshit fees later, I am ready to cross the border out of Mexico... from Puerto Chiapas to the equally windy Gulf of Papagallo it is a mere 500 miles... should take about a week.

I sailed the last two nights and am too tired and hot to write... time to crash for 12 hours.

The dog is going to be pissed when we heave anchor tomorrow morning and go 285 miles to Marina Barilles, El Salvador.

Sometimes the whole boat thing is a bitch... at least I'm not paying for hotels... and I've got my skis with me.

Closer now to Peru than the USA, the SA winter is calling to me... but first the waves of Costa Rica.

I'm lonely, exhausted, scared and broke.

I'd come home if the prospects of falling back into American Culture didn't depress me worse than the thought of falling overboard and treading water until exhaustion-based release... about a horse a piece.

It could ALWAYS be worse.

Take care. I'll do the same.

Your Friend,

MAX

ps "Autopilot" Video