3.12.2013

JH Kiters Strike Again: Flyoming by Will Taggart (VIDEO)

It's always inspiring to see a new video from the JH Kiter crew.  These guys get after it every day and are continually redefining the sport of snow kiting.  With so much trouble and confusion in the world, sometimes the best medicine is a beautiful video from some passionate outdoor enthusiasts (madmen).

For more info check out the JHK Facebook group.


Flyoming... Adventure Snowkiting in our Back Yard from Will Taggart on Vimeo.
Flyoming is a film about the current level of snowkiting in Wyoming. Snowkiting has been in Wyoming for over 15 years now and has moved onto bigger terrain and off the flats more and more each year. The possibilities grow every season as the equipement and skill level continues to improve. Our Exploration continues and there are many stones left unturned for now.

I've filmed the entire film with a GoPro and a Canon 6d and I apologize for the moire which is an issue with the 6d. I've got my first timelapses with the 6d in here along with the use of a Cinevate Slider which has been really fun to use. The aerial shots are out the window of a Cessna with my buddy Jacob Glissmeyer flying. Generally the shakier shots are the ones that are further in the back country since I was traveling without a tripod.

I've messed with sound more than my past videos. I've transitioned and cut up the songs to set 3 different tones in the short time. I tried to use sound to make the transitions seem smoother.

We are kiting a number of Wyoming areas including Angle Mountain, Togwotee Pass, the Abseroka's, Bondurant, Jack Creek, and the Bighorns.

I'd love some feedback and I hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
Will Taggart
***

If you liked this post, you might like my other site...