5.03.2009

GO ON, GET GONE...

... don't wait too long.


After an enjoyable month here, we're finally leaving Nicaragua (hopefully) tomorrow. Everything hinges upon whether the Port Captain decides to be a dick or not.

I've developed a bit of a reputation... the pangueros call me PIRATA for operating"charters" without a license... port security calls me PERRO for apparently exhibiting sub-human characteristics... the Capitan del Puerto has beef because I refuse to ask his permission every time I weigh my anchor... hence he has the opportunity to be a dick tomorrow.

We'll see. I'm not worried about it. In a pinch we can vamoos under cover of darkness.


Highlights include meeting some amazing people, learning to really surf, sinfully celebrating Semana Santa, successfully chartering Sin Fin (and breaking even on expenses for the month), kiting Outer Reef at Popollo, and learning a gripload more about highwind sailing.

The last crewmember should arrive in the morning and we should be underway by noon. A good swell is scheduled to hit Tuesday, and, wouldn't ya know, we'll be anchored off two of the best breaks in COSTA RICA... only accessible by boat.


Ollie's Point.


Roca Bruja (Witches Rock)

I could get used to this shit.


Enjoy it.

MAX