5.17.2009

TODO ROTO

HEY SITS IN BOX AND OTHERS,
So the crew is back to two post the worst three nights of the trip... no sleep... broken computer... lost camera... etc. The Californicators may come back in a few but for now it's me and Mr. Muras... and I'm loving his considerate company.
My computer broke. I broke it... but I'm blaming the Dutch girl for being passed out where my computer would usually reside mid-voyage.
In her defense, however, she definitely needed the sleep.
We covered 200 miles in 2 days and are now in GOLFITO, southern Costa Rica. We're hanging at LAND/SEA, the chillest cruiser hangout I've yet to encounter.
I'm borrowing this computer from the captain of S/V Sarana... one of the most progressive cruisers getting after it lately... check him out... http://www.sailsarana.com/
I'm trying to live without money but I need it to keep this thing afloat... I could easily sink $5000 into the boat without batting an eye.
$5000 in SAFETY and BASIC FUNCTIONALITY... those kind of upgrades.
Anyone who feels like donating should... $20 will go way farther than you'd imagine.
From here, Kevin and I are going to climb Cerro Chirripo, the highest point in CR with views of both oceans.
After that, Kevin flies home and I'm headed into PANAMA... to the surf spot SANTA CATALINA and beyond.
Real adventure in Northern Columbia is just a few hundred miles beyond.
The border of Peru is less than 1000 miles as the crow flies.
La frontera de Chile? Closer than San Diego, USA.
We're getting SOMEWHERE.
Gotta go.
MAX