5.08.2009

Tamarindo?

Hey All,

We made it to Tamarindo, Costa Rica after demolishing coconuts... playing Scrabble... polishing off a handle of RUM at some secluded beach en route.

We also surfed crowded Playa Grande in good conditions.

Unfortunately, we lost one crewmember to a combination of Swine Flu/Ebola/Dengue Fever... Snootch had to return to the Oosa... he is sorely missed by all but, hey, health is health.

The rest of us have developed Pirate-Like Immune Systems.

I was here 5 years ago, visiting the brother of a then girlfriend. He was selling real estate here and apparently still is. I have to find him to thank him; an old pink Mamut climbing rope he gifted me at a drunken Christmas long ago serves as lifelines and fulfills assorted other tasks aboard SIN FIN. That rope saved my life thrice on this trip... I owe him a beer... at least.

Also, I'm pretty sure he has air conditioning.



The plan is to surf here for a few days... 5 foot, 4 star swell is on the forecast.

The crew is excited for a little "shore leave" as well... as is the dog. Me? I hate leaving the water.

My beer is empty... gotta go fix that... and move the dinghy anchor before the tide drops and puts her in the break.

Live it up.

Yer Friend,

MAX