5.28.2009

PUT IT IN WRITING

Random Lyric of the Day Will Now Be Part of All Updates.


Only the fittest of the fittest shall survive.
Stay alive! Eh!
-Bob Marley (Could You Be Loved)


There's been some serious footdragging in the quest to get the hell on with it.


The typical distractions... sensory stimulation in the form of surf and chasing tail (pathetically out of practice)... had me sidelined cuz I'm looking for any excuse to call quits.


I'm planning one remote stop in Panama and then I'm in Columbia... alone save my non-barking dog... and subject to more verified dangers to gringos.


I met some folks who had guns shoved down their mouths during their first night's stay at a remote anchorage in Columbia. They had a "buddy boat" with them who heard the ruckus and scared off the bandits... had they been alone, who knows.


These things bother me... getting adequate sleep on the boat is hard enough.


The other fear is running out of provisions because, guess what, I'm still broke.


I splurged on a $160 surfboard and am back hovering above debt. Without my sugardaddies aboard I can move much faster and hasslefree but without much of a safety net... aside from parents content to contribute only to EXTRACTION EFFORTS... aka a return to stateside.


Don't think I haven't been tempted... I could be back in the saddle in Jackson Hole within the week... bussing tables to work my way back up to bartender again... saving loot for a betterplaññed escape.


But, really, being broke and scared is what this little mindbender is all about... so I'd best get back onwithit.


My little soiree in paradise went so so. Canadian ski bum types are uniformly friendly and laid-back but they have short memories. I supplied three otherwise extremely expensive boatrides in exchange for $80 and "being taken care of" for a few days... but food was hard to come by and I'm hungrier and broker than before the diversion.


In their defense, they didn't eat much either and I got some amazing fishing tips from my new amigo BEAVER... a serious fishing guide in Costal BC summers.


I The computer is telling me I owe more than I've got in my pocket so I'll have to charm the girl running these computers... good thing my dog is so damn cute.


She got way into chasing lizards in the jungle... it's all she wants to do now. one night she refused to return to the boat... chased lizards all night, I suspect... found her the next morning on the beach... waiting for me with the eyes of a PERRA SALVAJE!



Ohhh yeah, got to crash with a bunch of the best BORDERCROSS snowboarders on the planet... Canadians, Usans, and Euros of all sorts... thanks for the hospitality, gents... and for not kicking my ass.


Catch ya'll on the flipside. I am G.O.N.E.... gone.


MAX