4.11.2009

DISTILLED WISOM OF A 45 YEAR OLD NICARAGUAN RASTAMON

I always shoot the shit with overnight Port and Marina security guards. They always get a kick out of the fact that I worked overnight security too.

Here in San Juan Del Sur, the guards pack heat but otherwise run a pretty loose ship. The other night, passing through, the guard had four friends hanging with him.

The guard and three of his friends were young, clean-cut, friendly Nico dudes. The fourth, conspicuously out of place, was an equally friendly 45-year-old RASTA.

DREADS TO THE ASS KINDA RASTA. LEGIT.

I accepted a cigarette, Maestra made the rounds, and we shot the shit for half an hour.

I introduced them all to the music of ANCIENT KING and MIDNITE. They were stoked.

When I finally got up to leave, RASTA got real serious, looked me in the eye, and gave the following advice...

1. Form your DREADS and NEVER cut them. NEVER cut them.

2. NEVER use shampoo or put any chemicals on your body. Condition your hair with COCO WATER. If it starts to itch, use VINEGAR to kill the problem. Then go swimming because you stink like vinegar.

3. NO CIGS.
WEED? Sparingly.
COKE? NEVER.
HARD ALCOHOL. NEVER.
BEER. Sparingly.

4. NO PROCESSED FOOD.

5. EAT ONLY THE FOLLOWING:
BEANS
RICE
BAKED/SMOKED FISH (never fried)
MUCHO, MUCHO, MUCHISIMO COCONUTS

6. Do lots of PUSHUPS and PULLUPS for "FORMA".

7. Look for a BLACK/NATIVE WOMAN with BLUE EYES.
SNATCH HER HEART IMMEDIATELY.

AND BE HAPPY FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS!

Well... I've gotten worse advice.

I went back to the boat, hacked open a COCO, and alternated PULLUPS/PUSHUPS til' exhaustion put me to bed.

The next day I was back to my old self.

STRANGER THAN FICTION.

MAX