4.04.2009

Journey to St. John's of the South

YO!

After two nights out, the dog and I have gone the 190 miles from Isla El Tigre, Honduras to San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua.

HIGHLIGHTS? LOWLIGHTS? It's all about the same... here they are.

Apparently in HONDURAS colony of wasps took up residence in the mast, resulting in 17 stings... 14 for me... 3 for the dog.


I killed 73 wasps during the last leg. I'll deal with the queen and her minions on the next calm day. RAID, BITCHES!

Nicaraguan fishermen are curious, some sketchily so. Dawn on day two, after a Q and A with a boatful of particularly disconcerting eyeballers, I felt compelled to prepare my "defenses".

I've got a fake handgun. A machete. Two ice tools. Not bad. But not enough.

I made napalm (gas, detergent, oj, and dissolved Styrofoam) and put together three molotov cocktails.

I intend to talk and gift my way out of any piracy... but it's nice to have options.

The next boat of fishermen proved friendlier... gifting me two delicious LOBSTERS.

The dog was curious.

Then shit got out of hand.

Yesterday I got heat stroke and almost lost it due to exhaustion.

IT IS NUKING and the swell is about 2 meters.

I'm going kiting.

I should be here for a while... check back for updates tonight and tomorrow and so forth.

MAX

ps HAVE YOU SEEN WILSON?! WHERE'S WILSON?!