4.20.2009

PERUVIAN ALFREDO

I spent a month in Italy but the best Italian food I've had is at Pizzaria San Juan in San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua.  I've eaten there 9 times and have yet to take a bad bite.  Big, dank pizzas are $5-7.
Two good friends are en route at the end of the month.  We're going to live it up along the coast of Costa Rica.  Yep.
Right now, a 7-10 foot swell is en route.  It should be around through the weekend.  I can feel the energy building. STOKE.
I'm going surfing with a So Cal beast and a few ladies for the week.  We're heading north to here:
There looks to be kiting there as well.  Hmmm... Ha Ha Ha!
The polite tourists ask to take my picture.  The rude ones just take it.
I've never gotten hit on by more gay men... like 3 a day.  Quite flattering.
My friend ALFREDO, a PERUVIAN MADMAN, gifted me a old 9 foot longboard.  It's been cracked in half but I've no doubt it's the sickest board on the planet.
It's bright yellow... BANANA BOARD.
GET THIS: Alfredo BICYCLED from PERU to here with the board. 
On a prior surf trip, he biked from Lima to Ushuai... the furthest south city in PATAGONIAN CHILE.
He ran out of money here so he's been teaching surfing here for two years.  He's an amazing teacher.
He calls me HERMANO and I love it.
Gotta go stockpile food for the week.
Get back to work.

MAX