12.16.2009

Boring the Tranny

In all matters of the heart,
across the spectrum between
the love of money
and the love of love,
the same simple saying keeps popping to mind...

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

But that ain't right. Don't hate anything.

Understand it. Overstand it.

Accept your own impermanence and laugh on through.

Moving on...

***

Being back in Minnesota has been a trip all its own.


I'm flying to Wyoming today, hopeful that Jig'll let me set up a tent in the climbing shed. I hope the speakers and heater are still in there. I need to monkey around and that's just the spot.

I'd really prefer not to get some degrading job bussing tables or tending bar. I think that'd set me back... ummmm... spiritually.

Perhaps I can score a night auditor gig, keep my days wide open, and get my own work done in the wee hours.

Ideally, I'm working for myself... an unpaid internship that involves mustering the self-control to live like a monk... water, rice, beans, oatmeal, peanut butter, bananas, and such... $3 a day budget once the initial festivities abate.

Friends are crucial.


Frankly, I need a group of cheerleaders busting that old chant...
ALL YOU GOTTA DO
IS SET YOUR MIND TO IT
BUCKLE DOWN. BUCKLE DOWN.
DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!


Alright. Easy as pie.  Sorta.
Smooches,
Max