12.19.2009

YIP YIP

My shed is blangin'.

I can make it TOO HOT.

"White Lung" is no longer an issue since my big proyecto yesterday was covering all the insulation with plastic sheeting... and schussing all chalk dust out the door.

I've got a desk, a computer, a comfy bed, a couch, a bouldering cave, and all the space I need to dry out my gear.

It's perfectly quiet.

And it's pretty much free.

Any time I need a friend I just have to stroll around the corner.

***

I think I'll get some writing done.

It's coming along.

***

Today Wayne showed me some epic snowkite terrain near Togwotee Pass.

It was kind of like this...




...but better.

Clouds hung at 10,000 feet today but we climbed above them to a sparkling world of snow, rock, wind, and sky... rekindling a love affair with the hills.

The Sea is Great.
The Mountains are Great.
I'm Small.
And so are you.

***

My buddy Bagga-Donutz....



...tagged along and got a complimentary kite lesson.

See, I'd forgotten that I'm a kiting instructor and it turns out the only job I'll need this winter is teaching people to fly kites.  Everybody I talk to is stoked on the kite and they all want to learn.  I'm happy to teach.

And it's all good once again...

***

There's a big party tonight and I'm formally pledging not to make an ass of myself.

Two years ago I attended a similar party in the throes of Post-Patagonian culture shock and a family visit.  I made a royal ass of myself... and countless old friends will remind me of that tonight.

Which, I guess, is a good thing.

Time to get in costume...

Behave Max.