12.21.2009

See, it's not what it looks like.

I promise.

***
None can be an impartial or wise observer of human life but
from the vantage ground of what we should call voluntary poverty.
-Thoreau
***


I've got a bit of writer's block on account of the culture shock.  Fuck, I've got liver's block, a liver being one who LIVES.

I wake up late still tired.

Pounding water.  Pissing clear.

I look at my shed and feel like a crazy, especially in a community of so many well-adjusted individuals.

I'm able to write about the contradictions I see in myself, but I can hardly live em' down.

Ignorance is bliss.
Awareness is an occasionally sweet bitch.

Anyway, the mountains are amazing and so's the skiing.  It's that time of year when everyone thinks its dangerous or shitty but really you just gotta know.

And you never know until you go... so I'm scrounging together a crew of experienced ski buddies.

I've got my second guinea pig kite lesson lined up tomorrow... actually gonna get paid a little... and we'll get to ski some good lines before and after.

Can't complain.  You?

Max